• Realistic die-cast underframe
• Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum
performance at all speeds
• Golden-white LEDs
• Directional lighting
• Factory-equipped with AccuMate knuckle couplers
• Detailed cab interior with crew
• Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine
• Marker lights with separate lenses
• Scale fans and grille detail
• Flat dust bin or raised dust bin as appropriate by railroad
• Snowplow (included but not installed)
Atlas Master Series Gold Additional Features:
• ESU LokSound-equipped
DCC Operation Features:
• Supports all DCC-programming modes
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28
• A total of six DCC function outputs are available
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices
Analog (DC) Operation FEATURES:
• The LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder allows your Atlas Gold Series
locomotive to be used on DC as well as on DCC layouts.
• Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series
locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout.
However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder in the Atlas
Gold Series locomotive can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system
• Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive
CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and
sound. (This statement does NOT apply to DCC-equipped locomotives operating on a
ESU LokSound Functionality Features:
• Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime
mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic
brakes and more.
• There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable
synchronized brake squeals.
• Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes "on the fly"
are provided for true realism.