Kato N scale 8 car Amtrak Southwest Limited passenger car set. Designed to be pulled by the Amtrak Phase I SDP40F locomotives (sold separately in our store).
- 1 - ACF Baggage Car #1711
- 1 - Pullman Pullman 11-DB Sleeper "Indian Mesa" #2216
- 1 - Budd 10-6 Pine Series Sleeper "Pine Leaf" #2724
- 1 - ACF 4-4-2 Sleeper "Regal Dome" #2350
- 1 - Pullman Dome Lounge #9350
- 1 - Pullman Dining Car #8070
- 1 - Budd 10-6 Pine Series Sleeper "Pine Dale" #2716
- 1 - Budd 10-6 Sleeper "Pacific falls" #2610
- 18 - Coupler Trip Pins
- 9 Pieces of 9.75" (248mm) Straight UniTrack
- 1 Straight 2" (50.5mm) UniTrack with Bumper
- Storage Keepcase
Features finely detailed with prototype accurate post-1974 painting and lettering, beautiful "stainless steel" body, and low flange wheels, underside detailing, KATO magnetic knuckle couplers and shock absorber construction for smooth and reliable operation.
When Amtrak took over the Santa Fe’s Super Chief train, it originally retained the name of the classic silver streamlined service. In 1974, the name was changed from Super Chief to Southwest Limited, a name it retained for 10 years before becoming the Southwest Chief. Like the Super Chief, the Southwest Limited was made up of a mixture of ACF, Pullman and Budd-built stainless steel cars, the same basic consist as the original Santa Fe Train. Like the Santa Fe had done before it, Amtrak combined the ex-Super Chief and ex-El Capitan Hi-level cars in its Southwest Limited service, the single-level cars being used as the 1st class portion of the consist..
Interiors can be lit with the Kato Interior Light Kit (sold separately).