N scale GE Evolution Series ES44AC diesel locomotive by Kato. Factory assembled and ready to run on your DC layout. DCC ready for your decoder.
- DCC ready for your "drop-in" decoder
- Powerful KATO five-pole motor with dual brass flywheels and all-wheel electrical pickup
- KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Lighted operating ditch lights
- Illuminated printed number boards
The ES (Evolution Series) of locomotives are built by GE Transportation Systems and designed to meet the U.S. EPA's Tier 2 locomotive emissions standards that took effect in 2005. These Evolution Series locomotives are equipped with AC traction motors and are powered by a newly designed "GEVO-12" 12 cylinder engine that produces the same power as the 16 cylinder AC4400CW, but with fewer emissions and greater fuel economy. It also carries a redesigned air-to-air dual-fan heat exchanger, which gives it its distinct "oversized" radiator; a common spotting feature for these new locomotives.